Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I Await

I await, my beloved, to see your face
to hear you call my name
my heart is silent
listening to hear
a whisper of your love
yearning to echo it back

When the sun rises above the hill
I wonder
if perhaps you watch it, too
you could be right next door
or maybe on the world around
watching the close of day

I see a child laugh
cuddle close to her mom
I imagine our children
yours and mine
the joy we’ll someday share

I look around
to see your brilliant smile
to feel your gentle arms
but I find only longing
wondering
hoping
trusting that God’s perfect time will bring you near

My heart is waiting
I keep it hidden, safe
wanting only you
hearing the promise of forever
in the whisper of my dreams

I will wait, my love
for you



© 2005 Amy Michelle Wiley

1 comment:

purple_kangaroo said...

Great job, Amy. This is probably the best of your poems so far.

I hope love comes for you soon, in God's time. The right person is worth the wait. :)