Monday, June 12, 2006

Beautiful Wedding

I just got home from a lovely weekend. My cousin got married yesterday, so we drove four hours up on Saturday to attend a lunch gathering for all the friends and family, and then the rehearsal dinner. It was a wonderful time with family and friends from all over the world.

The groom is my age, and the first of the six cousins our age to get married. The wedding was doubly special for me because I’ve gotten to be friends with the bride. They are a beautiful, Godly couple.

The rehearsal dinner was homemade Indonesian food (my cousins and uncle and aunt are missionaries there), and quite delicious.

The pastor’s message was right on--about how weddings are wonderful, but it is the life-long marriage commitment that is the important part.

Tomorrow night my Aunt and Uncle will come to stay with us for a week, so the fun will continue.

No comments: