Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Only 750 words?!

Once again I find myself trying to write a novel instead of a 750 word story! Monday I wrote the rough draft of a story for the writing challenge I enter each week. I managed to pair it down to 748 words and sent it to a friend from Faith Writers. After I got my critique back and saw the rather major story-line error he kindly pointed out, I suddenly realized that as I was writing down the story from my head I had left out the paragraph that tied my two points together! Oops.

Now I just have to figure out what to take out so I can put the Very Important Paragraph in. *sigh* Hmmm, and I think it still needs quite a bit of work (bypass surgery?). But I got a lot of helpful things from both critiques I got on it. I think I’ll have to ask for editing volunteers on the Faith Writers’ message board more often! :-)

No comments: