Tuesday, May 08, 2012

A2Z Take Two: Returning with Ragman


I’m back! In February my shoulder collapsed and had me almost bed-bound with pain. Due to my disease and a number of factors that aggravated it, some of the muscles in the back apparently gave up, so any time I was other than flat on my back, it felt like my shoulder was being ripped off with a burning chainsaw.

Eventually God brought me to the right kind of therapy and it’s finally a little better now. However, I’m still having quite a bit more pain than before, mostly in the shoulder but everywhere else, too (since I needed one more chronic thing), especially when driving. I’ve had to lower my interpreting hours at work to only four a week until they invent hovers that can be programed to deliver me automatically to work while I sleep in the back, or until my shoulder decides to behave differently—whichever comes first.

At any rate, I’m trying to catch back up with life again, including my blog. One of the first things I did when I was a little better was recorded myself performing “The Ragman” in ASL and then putting on English captions. It’s such a wonderful story that I just had to try it myself. So here’s a video of that for you. (and you can probably see how much lower my right shoulder is.) To turn on the captions click on the red CC button.



I also finally got my novel, Reaching Sky, back from my last beta reader and have sent it off for a final edit and proof read. Whew! A year and a half for a first book isn’t too bad. I can’t wait to see what the publisher says, but guess I’ll have to wait, since I haven’t even sent it in yet….

When I graduated and started doing more interpreting a few years ago, then I stopped doing much freelance editing. Well, now that I’ve had to lower my interpreting hours, it seems like God is bringing me back into editing. I have a few small jobs coming up and may be getting hired to do a big rewrite of a project to help give it more of a story feel.

Oh and guess what? many of you know the situation about how the FDIC (by proxy of a big builder) is suing my parents for all their land, retirement savings, vehicles, and forced us to move to a smaller place, through no fault of our own. Hundreds of other builders all over the U.S. are in the same situation and finally we made enough noise that the senate is setting up a hearing to review the issue on May 16th. Please pray they are able to see clearly and bring justice.



a2z: Take 2. Patty Wysong Helping bloggers blog.

Check out more "R" posts in the A2Z meme at www.pattywysong.com and feel free to jump right in and blog with us next week for S.


6 comments:

Joanne Sher said...

WOW - lots going on, dear Amy. Praying for you.

Barbara Lynn Culler said...

You are amazing how you plunge through life no matter the pain level you are experiencing. God's Grace is sufficient!

Niki Turner said...

You are such an inspiration of strength and faith. Praying!

Jean Wise said...

You have had quite a bit on your plate but a big welcome back.

Julie Arduini said...

I had no idea you had additional health issues that were that painful. I can't imagine, and I pray you continue to feel better. I appreciated hearing the update on your parents, and pray with you on that. Now, off to see your video!

Rita Garcia said...

So glad you have had some relief with your shoulder pain. It's great to be reading a blog post form you. Praying all goes well with the hearing. Hugs! <3