4 Jobs I’ve Had:
1. Filing/receptionist/accountant/plan changing/staking out land/cleaning new houses
3. On call temporary help for the Building Industry Association (mostly phone calling)
4. Assistant figure skating teacher
4 Movies/Shows I’ve Been Addicted To:
1. Little House on the Prairie (way back when)
2. Sue Thomas F.B.Eye
4. Pixar movies
4 Places I’ve Lived:
Since I’ve only lived in one area (the Pacific Northwest), I’ll tell about some houses. My family moved around so much that all our houses have “names” to help us remember what happened when. ;-)
1. “The Tri-Level” I don’t remember this house, but this picture was taken at it. I’m told I once jumped off this windowseat and bit all the way through my tongue. Mom was downstairs and couldn’t hear my screaming, so I was led through the house as my sisters looked for her…dripping blood all the way.
2. “The Little Green House” I have just a few memories of this one. It was a tiny, tiny house painted green, as you might imagine from the name.
3. Now this house is most commonly referred to as “the old house”, but its name is “Fern Springs”. Let me tell you, this was an awesome place to grow up! I’m planning to tell all about it on this blog sometime soon for Monday Memories, so stay tuned.
4. “Whispering Oaks” Our current house. We live in the country, and yet not too far from the city. We have eight acres and are surrounded by cattle and horses. I miss having a neighborhood and more trees, but I love being able to watch the weather and sunsets and we have quite a bit of wildlife here. I’ve become quite attached to “my foothills”, which can be seen on the horizon on three sides of us. They are so beautiful, catching the mood of the day in rich greens, dusty blue, or pure white.
4 Countries I’d Like To Visit
I could make it easier and just say “the world!” but I guess I’ll pick four…
1. Australia (I have a number of good FW friends there)
3. The UK (land of my heritage)
4. Czechoslovakia (more heritage land)
4 Popular False Assumptions About Me:
1. I am conservative because my parents forced me to be.
2. I am very proper (I’m guessing this from the reaction I got on the message board when I mentioned practical jokes and playing with snakes)
3. I am high school age.
4. I have blond or red hair (I had white-blond until I was about seven and now it is medium brown)
4 People I Look Like:
1. Dad (people who knew him when he was little say I look exactly like him)
2. Mom (people who knew her when she was little say I look exactly like her)
(note: Mom and Dad look enough alike that when they went to pick out her wedding ring, the jewelry lady commented on how sweet it was that his sister was helping him pick out the ring. But someone who knew both of them when they were young says I look like Mom, hehe)
3. My sisters
4. A sign language teacher’s sister-in-law (or so he and his wife say)
4 Things I Hope To Do Before I Die
1. Publish a number of books
2. Become a sign language interpreter
3. Personally lead at least one person to Christ
4. Get married and have a large family
OK, Purple Kangaroo and Debboggy, you’re tagged!